Sunday, November 8, 2009

Recipe - Roasted Asparagus


I went shopping this weekend and got some nice asparagus. I’m going to roast them to use as part of my salads for lunch for the coming week. I’m using a technique that I’ve used for other things like oven-baked fries and pita chips. It’s super easy and super healthy.

Ingredients:
1 bunch fresh asparagus
Cooking spray (lemon, olive oil or butter flavored works well)
No-salt seasoning (I like Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb, the one with the turquoise cap)

Preparation:
Trim asparagus and place in a glass baking dish. Spray with cooking spray until the top layer is thoroughly coated. Sprinkle liberally with No-salt seasoning of your choice. Toss the asparagus until evenly coated with the cooking spray and seasoning. Roast in the oven at 350° for 15 - 20 minutes. Toss one more time before serving and adjust seasoning as necessary.

It's just that easy!

How do I like mine?
Very garlicky with a squeeze of fresh lemon to top it off

No comments:

Post a Comment