Saturday, August 15, 2009

Recipe - Lemonheads Cake


I’m going to a potluck on Sunday. I’ve decided to bring this cake so I thought I’d share the “recipe” with you. The reason I say “recipe” in parenthesis is it’s really more of a way to jazz up a lemon cake which you can make from scratch or from a box. I don’t bake so my roommate does that for me but we just buy cake mix and frosting in the can.

Ingredients:
1 lemon cake made from scratch or from a box.
1 can of vanilla frosting or a batch of your favorite vanilla frosting recipe.
1 bag of Lemonheads (use according to taste)

Preparation:
Bake lemon cake according to your recipe or box directions. Make frosting according to your recipe if you’re making it from scratch. While cake is baking, grind Lemonheads until they are mostly powder. I use a spice grinder to save a lot of time and hassle. Crack some more of the Lemonheads into small chunks. Mix some of the ground Lemonheads into frosting, tasting after adding. Continue to add Lemonheads and taste until the frosting tastes as tart and lemony as you like. Cool cake. Frost with Lemonhead spiked frosting. Sprinkle cracked Lemonheads over cake.

That's all there is to it.

How do I like mine?
Super tart and lemony. By the time I’ve added enough Lemonheads to reach my flavor level the frosting will definitely be yellow.

One caveat: When I made this the first time my downstairs neighbor came to the door to complain about the pounding.

No comments:

Post a Comment