Saturday, June 20, 2009

Recipe - Greek Broiled Lamb Chops

When it comes to red meat lamb is my absolute favorite. I love it. The dish I most often make for special occasions is Greek Roasted Leg of Lamb. But that’s expensive and not really practical when you’re only cooking for two. I came up with this recipe when I found some nice lamb chops at the store. It’s quick and easy, so you can whip it up on a weekday.

Ingredients:
2 lamb chops
2 teaspoons of your favorite Greek or Mediterranean spice blend*
1 medium lemon
1 teaspoon salt*

* My favorite spice blend is Mediterranean Sea Salt from San Diego Coffee, Tea and Spice Inc. http://www.sandiegocoffee.com/. Since it already contains salt I use one tablespoon of it and leave out the added salt.

Preparation:
Sprinkle chops on both sides with spice blend and salt. Squeeze one half of the lemon over the side of the chops facing up. Save the other half for the other side. Place chops under broiler. Broil for approximately five minutes. Turn chops and squeeze remaining lemon over them. Broil another five minutes or until they are done to your liking.

Quick and simple, huh?

Serves 2.

How do I like mine?
Rare

No comments:

Post a Comment